A Christ-centered communityengaging, equipping, and empowering God’s children for joyful service in His kingdom.
Monroe Christian School
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
- Graduated from Calvin College – BA in Psych and Minor in Social Work
- Teaching since 1998
- Teaching at MCS 1998-2000, 2008-Present
I enjoy teaching at Monroe Christian School. I like being part of a greater Christian community in Monroe. I especially enjoy teaching the little ones about how God made them and that God loves them. I enjoy camping, hiking, reading, and participating in book clubs.
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
- Attended Kennesaw State University – Art, and Gage Academy of Art – Classical Art
- Teaching since 2009 (Elective Art/Art History, 6th – 8th grade)
- Teaching at MCS since 2016
I love seeing the children excel academically and socially. It is amazing how creative young children are in the classroom. Having a positive impact on children through the Word of God is my ultimate goal for each child. My daughter and son have both attended Monroe Christian School.
- Graduated from Wheaton College – Elementary Education – K-8th
- Teaching since 1982
- Teaching at MCS since 1991
I love teaching at MCS because I can talk about God and pray all day long! The administration and school board are very supportive, the teachers are encouraging, and the families are fantastic! My four children all attended MCS for a grand total of 42 years of Christian education. They all have many fond memories of MCS. I’m looking forward to my grandchildren attending MCS. I love to read, go on road trips, and bake! My lifelong dream is to learn how to tap dance.
- Graduated from Dordt College – Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education, Professional Certification K-8
- Teaching at MCS since 1989
I enjoy the Christ-centered curriculum, devotions, chapel, and prayer with students. MCS feels like family, and I love the commitment school families show in volunteering, support, and prayer for the staff. My two daughters attended MCS preschool – 8th grade. I was a teacher to two current staff members. I love teaching reading! I enjoy walking my dog, reading, traveling with my family, and making cards.
- Graduated from University of Montana (Western Campus) – Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education
- Teaching at MCS since 2006
I enjoy sharing the love and joy of Jesus with my students and helping children fall in love with reading. MCS exemplifies a team spirit! The staff, families, and students work well together. They’re supportive of one another on a personal and professional level. My son attended 1st – 8th grade at Monroe Christian School. I am an avid supporter of T.A.P.P. (Teacher and Parent Partnership) both as a parent and staff member. I coordinate the Scholastic Book Fair and MCS “South Wing” Potluck. I enjoy reading, traveling, theatre, and musicals.
3rd – 5th Grade (Blue Team)
- Graduated from Seattle Pacific University – Certification in Elementary Education
- Teaching since 2007
- Teaching at MCS since 2014
I love the environment where you can go deeper with students due to smaller class sizes. I enjoy the community and partnership with parents. 3rd & 4th grades are the BEST! I love their love for learning at that age. I am an alumnus of MCS and attended here from Kindergarten through 8th grade. I spent my first six years of teaching overseas in Africa and Japan. I enjoy traveling, reading, and learning to garden.
3rd – 5th Grade (Yellow Team)
- Graduated from Dordt College – K-12 Education, K-12 Instructional Strategist Level 1 & 2
I love the MCS community, better described as family. Fifth grade is filled with U.S. History which studies my favorite places: Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. I am a 2010 MCS alumnus and I’m currently in the process of obtaining my EDS degree in School Psychology. This is my first year teaching and I’m loving it! I enjoy reading!
6th – 8th grade (English & Art; K-8 Music)
- Graduated from Northwest University – B.A. degree with a K-12 endorsement in Choral Music and a K-8 endorsement in Elementary Education
- Teaching since 1999
- Teaching at MCS since 2014
Monroe Christian School is an amazing Christ-centered learning community where the teachers love what they are teaching, students get the instruction and guidance they need, and everyone is supported by one another. The staff amazingly supports my crazy schedule of teaching English 6th – 8th and music K – 8th. When I’m not at the school, I enjoy time with my family which includes 3 kids, 3 grandkids, and 1 fat cat.
6th – 8th grade (Math & Science)
- Attended University of Washington (Undergrad); received Masters in Education with endorsement for Secondary Mathematics at University of Phoenix
- Teaching since 2014
- Teaching at MCS since 2015
One of the things I most enjoy about teaching at MCS is the feeling that we all belong to one big family – staff, students, and parents. I love that MCS is a place where we care very much about students’ academic learning, but even more about their character and their relationship with God. I really enjoy that I get to teach two of the most fascinating subjects here at MCS – Science and Math! During the summer two of my favorite activities are hiking and riding my bicycle. When I’m feeling a little less ambitious, I enjoy riding my motorcycle or just curling up with a good book. I look forward to winter, despite the rain and colder weather, because that means snow in the mountains for skiing! It’s sometimes hard to fit it into my schedule, but I love skiing and have enjoyed it since I was a child.
6th – 8th grade (Social Studies & Bible)
- Graduated from Calvin College with a BA in History (2004); Seattle Pacific University – Masters in Curriculum and Instruction (2012); Liberty University – Education Specialist (2016)
- Teaching since 2005
- Teaching at MCS since 2018
I enjoy the family atmosphere and the support of the MCS parents. My wife is a second-generation graduate of Monroe Christian School. She graduated in 1996. Her father also graduated from MCS. At this time, I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies because my life is full with my soon to be one year old son.